Saturday 2 June 2012

Blue Bird Cafe, Utterly Delightful

I have become smitten with a cafe. As you know I've been killing time in Glenwood Springs waiting for parts for Grover. After doing my sampling yesterday I decided to have lunch a the Bluebird Cafe, at the bottom of the main street, near the bridge over the Colorado River. The cafe has a great ambience with a cluster of big leather chairs and a couch, a photo gallery and an eclectic collection of music including Bob Marley and Xavier Rudd.

Now, I'm a discerning quiche eater, and have been known to cook a mean quiche myself from time to time. I decided to have a slice of zucchini, red onion and feta quiche. Sort of the equivalent of having the vanilla at an ice cream parlor. The quiche was delightful, light and with a great crust. The decaf Americano was also delicious.

I returned today, instead of going crazy at my campsite waiting for parts, and had a raspberry chocolate chip muffin. Also delicious.

The staff is great, smiley and personable, all you could hope for. The food is organic and they have gluten free options if that what floats your boat. Check them out if you're ever in Glenwood Springs. You can find them on Facebook, search for Bluebird Cafe, Glenwood Springs.

Bluebird Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great find, when you're stuck in a small town!!

    ReplyDelete