Wednesday 6 June 2012

Elephant Butte Lake State Park, New Mexico

Today I drove. No geology or anything particularly interesting occured. My next sample location is near Silver City, NM and my intention was to drive all the way to Silver City today. However, after 7 hours of driving, with the last 4 being on an interstate, I decided I'd had enough and pulled in to Elephant Butte Lake State Park. The Park is centered on a large reservoir created in 1916 to control water flows in New Mexico, Texas and Mexico. Here's a shot of my capsite, you can see the reservoir below.


I must try to plan my days more carefully as driving great distances in Grover and feeling good at the end appear to be incompatible. Perhaps I'm pushing too hard.

Tomorrow I'm taking a short drive over to Silver City and will do my sampling there. Friday I will head to Tucson to stay with a collaborator on this project. Should be nice to sleep in a bed and maybe eat some good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment