Wednesday 23 May 2012

Cooker

This was a fun project I fit in between the fuel tank and the split charge system. I wanted to have a dual burner, propane stove mounted on the rear door of the truck. I elected to use a standard Primus stove instead of a purpose built vehicle mounted stove due to the vast difference in cost. I purchased the stove at MEC (MEC.ca) for about 70 $CDN. I strengthened the hinge on the lid by replacing it with a full length piano hinge and reattached it using twice as many larger rivets. I then reinforced the lid by riveting aluminum flat stock to the lid, through which the bolts to mount it to the rear door would pass. I then rigged up some steel cable from which the base would hang when the stove is open. I managed to utilize bolts already in the door to hold on the spare tire carrier for mounting the stove so as not to have to drill holes in the door. All told it cost about 100 $CDN, hopefully it will stand up to driving about off road mounted to my door!

Here are the aluminum flat stock mounted to the door and ready to accept the stove.


 Here the stove is mounted to the door and stowed.


And finally the stove deployed. The cables support most of the weight when the stove is open.


No comments:

Post a Comment