Saturday 12 May 2012

I'm Back

I'm a ball of stress at this point. I just got back Wednesday from being a teaching assistant to a field school in southeast BC and this coming week will need to get the final preparations made for my trip. I've tentatively decided to leave May 25 and will be camping for the long weekend (Friday-Monday). This in mind I effectively have one week to finish my preparations (AAAAHHH!). This week I need to:
  • Install the auxilliary fuel tank
  • Reinstall my rear differential/half shafts/drive shaft
  • Reinstall my overdrive
  • Install a split charge system and second battery
  • Seal up my roof so that it does not drip on my bed in the rain
  • Renew my alpine window seals
  • Change all the fluids
Most of these things are not long jobs, with the possible exception of the gas tank. I have a date with the welding shop for Wednesday to install the frame outrigger for the fuel tank. This means I need to have it running by then so I need to get the diff and overdrive back in by Tuesday.

Stay tuned. Interesting times ahead. I will try to stop and take pictures along the way and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment