Saturday 26 May 2012

Great Falls, MT

First day went well. Made it to Great Falls, Montana before running out of energy. A total of about 365 miles today. It is raining continuously, and has been since Glacier National Park, so I've checked myself in for some glamping at the KOA. Still sleeping in the truck but I have internet access and will now go to watch some live music.

Grover worked well today. I stopped in Pincher Creek to adjust the timing and check the valve clearances. Both needed a bit of attention but are now spot on I think. Unfortunately my recent efforts to seal the roof up have failed miserably and it was like driving a sinking submarine today. Dripping all over the place. However it looks like the area where my bed goes is okay so sleeping should be fine.

I'll drive to Niehart tomorrow and to my first sample location. Cambrian Flathead Sandstone sitting on the Neihart Quartzite of the lowermost Belt Supergroup. GEOLOGY!!! YAY! I'll give you another update as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Good going Will. Weather looks nasty in Great Falls. Hope it goes well today.

    ReplyDelete