Sunday 27 May 2012

Cold First Night

As I mentioned in my last post I spent the night at a KOA campground in Great Falls, Montana. The drive down was pleasant. Clearly still winter in the mountains. Here's a shot looking at Waterton National Park.


The weather is terrible in Montana and Cascade County is currently under a winter weather advisory:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/wwusmtz012/usmt0146/weather?ref=warnings_citypage

This is what my campsite looked like this morning.


I managed to stay warm last night but only by putting on every stitch of insulative clothing I had! Here's a shot of breakfast time.


I may skip camping in the Little Belt Mountains for fear of freezing in the snow and go straight on to Cody, Wyoming this evening. I will attempt to get a sample as I pass through Neihart but I suspect it may be under a foot of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment